Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hayden took a bath in the sink. We made a trip to Target together. Thats pretty much all that happened - I know... exciting. Somehow both of these events took almost all day.
I am pretty tired today because Hayden woke up every two hours last night, and I think I know why. I usually swaddle her at night and then she can go about 4 hours in a row. However, when it came time to go to bed last night I had forgotten that I had her swaddle sack in the wash machine and forgot to throw it in the dryer. She only has one right now... I guess I need to get more. Instead of waiting 45 minutes for it to dry and then put her down I just put her in a regular sleeper. Tonight I will not make the same mistake!

On a different note, I just realized that I only have 3 weeks of maternity leave left and then it is back to LabCorp :( Don't get me wrong, I like my job and all, but I could definitly get use to this 'stay at home mom' routine. I even threw the idea at Mike to let me go back to work part time in the evenings. This would let me stay home with her during the day and we wouldn't need daycare. He said maybe in a year or so but not right now because we need the extra money. So I guess we will see how it goes. I'm am mainly nervous about leaving her for 10 hours straight everyday. What if she forgets who I am? What if I miss out on all of her firsts? Luckily the person who will be watching her everyday is a friend who is a stay at home mom with a 1 year old. So I know she will be really good with her and be able to give her lots of attention as oppose to a daycare center or in home daycare where they have 8 million kids to 1 adult.

So I've also decided that I am going to start running again. The Twin Cities has alot of different races throughout the spring/summer/falls months and I really want to get back into it. I miss running and competing in races and I think it will help me get back into shape before I have to fit into a bridesmaids dress come October :)

PS... I think I might make a trip to Tomahawk soon. I am getting cabin fever being in this house all day long everyday, especially since the weather is getting so nice it would be nice to get out of the city and enjoy some time in the good old northwoods.

1 comment:

Deidre said...

She won't forget you Stef! There is no one's arms like Mommy's and she will always long for your arms.

 

The Adventures of Hayden | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates